Hi Everyone! I haven't done a personal post in a little while, although I do have little snippets of information in posts, I thought it would be fun to do the new tag going around lately. Sophia who writes Tattooed Tea Lady created this great tag! If you haven't already, check out her blog, you won't be sorry! xx
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started Blush Bug at the end of March this year. It took me a long time, and a lot of encouragement from my boyfriend, Jeff, to start one. I finally decided to because I thought if I didn't, I would always regret not starting one, just because I was afraid to put myself out there.
Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I first fell in love with Karen's blog, Make Up and Beauty Blog. After reading her blog everyday, and never missing a post, I went on to search for more blogs because I couldn't get enough. Thats how the obsession grew!
What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?
I can't remember exactly what product, because I seem to always buy into the hyped products. I think it would either have to be Bioderma, or Revlon Lip Butters. The Revlon Lip Butters came out months before in the states, and I went to the drug store pretty much everyday to check if they came in. When they did, I bought pretty much every single shade I wanted without hesitation.
What are your favourite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
1. Each and everyone of my readers. I get so excited about every tweet, comment, or new follow I get. It's overwhelming sometimes because I never expect it.
2. Loving photography again. I was really big into photography for quite some time. I then go busy, and slowly didn't find time for it anymore. Taking product or tutorial photos is one of my favourite things to do. It's also incredibly relaxing for me.
3. Feeling beautiful and confident. It's one thing for my boyfriend to say nice words to me, or even my family, but when it comes from people who I've never met before, it really is something.
4. Leaning about so many new things. Either it be a new technique, product or brand. I also love reading review by someone who isn't paid for it, such as magazine editors. Being introduced to products because other people love them.
5. Lastly, and the most important, the beauty community. I've loved creating so many friendships with other people who have the same interests and passions as I do. I also love knowing that there are so many other people that I have yet to talk to and connect with.
What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
Of course! So many things have changed. I've learnt so much about blogging, html, writing and social media since I've started. One main thing is to have an open mind. Knowing that there is always going to be new and great products out there. Some will work, some won't. Realizing that my blog will never be perfect, even though I'm always unhappy with one aspect, when/if I change it, something new will arise.
Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
Of course! I look at products differently, I tend to know what will work for me in makeup and skincare. I've changed how I look at skincare as well, it used to not be important to me, now it is. I've also changed my day to day schedule. I fit in a lot of time for blogging.
What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
To know that you're most likely not going to make a living out of this, so blog for the passion of what you're writing about. Know that you don't need an expensive camera to start out. Get involved in the Beauty Community, and be nice. The people you talk to are going to be the most rewarding part of blogging.
Name your top five brands!
Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Revlon, Nars and Urban Decay.
Recommend your top five favourite beauty products!
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation, Beauty Blender, Lancome Art Liner, Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural, Chanel Rouge Coco Shine.
Tag other beauty bloggers to do this tag!
If you're reading this, consider you're self tagged! ;)